Legacy 4.0, September 16-18, 2016

Venturing is youth led, adult advised.  I heard Christopher Silvestri, the Council President of the Venturing Officers’s Association (MCCVOA) explain to a new Venturing Advisor:  “Venturing is 85%-15%, the adults provide the safe environment and keep us in compliance with the Guide to Safe Scouting and help make sure our dreams are feasible.  The other 85% is youth led.  There is no set program.  Your crew can be whatever you want it to be.  Each crew has a different focus.”

As Venturing is youth led, here is a blurb from our Youth Chair of Communications for Legacy, Chris Chernewych:

“What did you do last weekend? Did it involve a kayaking, canoeing or paddle boarding down a river. How about hitting a perfect target with a rifle or bow. Did you enjoy a scavenger hunt around camp? Or maybe you got to relax in a hammock in the outdoors. Did you do all this last weekend while hanging out with 1000 of your closest friends? If you didn’t do all that (or even if you did!), you should check out Legacy 4.0. Legacy 4.0 is the perfect place for you to get all you can out of the outdoors while being around those with the same interests as you. You can be the one who kayaked, canoed or paddle boarded. The one who got the perfect score in the range and made a ton of new friends around camp. All that and so much more available to you at Legacy 4.0, at Camp Grimes, September 16-18, 2016. Oh, and you’re gonna need a sharpie.”

Untitled design (3)

Just some pics for you to show that we are preparing for you…We have tomahawks, indoor and outdoor climbing, a pioneer area with blacksmithing, and gold panning among other activities.  Please join us at Camp Grimes for Legacy 4.0, September 16-18, 2016.

Yours in service,
Christie Silvestri

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *